Q: Can I cover myself for damage caused by tenants?

A: Yes, you do have the option but at an additional premium to cover damage by tenants up $10,000 depending on the insurer’s offering. There will be an excess on the building, the contents or both. 

Q: What about loss of rent?

A: Yes you can cover loss of rent as a result of the property not being fit to live in while it is being repaired or rebuilt.

Q: Will the property be protected if unoccupied between tenants?

A: Yes you are covered for unoccupied/unfurnished building s for up to 30 days. For longer period make sure you talk to your Insurance House Account Manager.

Q: What is covered in building costs?

A: As part of the sum inured you are insured for damage to your property including temporary protection, removal of debris, employing an architect or surveyor, demolition and complying with statutory notices relating to repair or rebuilds. 

Q: What happens when I need to claim?

A: Simply call our claims team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year on our toll free number on 1800 305 834. Refer to the following link here to access our online claims system (