Introducing Drought Care
What is Drought Care
Drought Care is an excess relief program available to eligible Insurance House clients from January 1, 2019.
An industry first, Insurance House will pay/reimburse the excess on select claims for farming clients who reside in drought-affected regions and are registered to receive the Australian Governments’ Farm Household Allowance (FHA). Under the Drought Care excess relief program Insurance House agrees to pay a client’s excess up to a maximum of $5,000 per claim.
The benefit is available to existing clients in addition to new clients to Insurance House who take out a policy on or after January 1, 2019 and suffer a loss during the period of January 1 – December 31, 2019. Drought Care excess relief is available for all claims made on a current insurance policy excluding claims for Crop & Multi-Peril insurance policies.
The Drought Care excess relief program will be reviewed annually and is a long term initiative for Insurance House.
Why Drought Care is important
Drought Care excess relief is an industry first, providing financial relief for Insurance House farming clients affected by drought. Founded in rural Victoria 35 years ago, Insurance House today remains firmly committed to supporting regional Australians. With seven regional office locations including offices in both Tamworth & Narrabri, Drought Care is about Insurance House honouring that commitment and offering what relief we can to our farming clients affected by drought.
Am I eligible for Drought Care
To be eligible for the Drought Care excess relief program the following criteria must be met:
- You must be a current Insurance House client
- You have suffered a loss during the eligibility period of January 1 – December 31, 2019
- You have suffered a loss under a policy other than a Crop of Multi-Peril policy
- You are currently receiving the Farm Household Assistance Allowance (FHA) as offered by the Australian Government
- You can supply Insurance House with the following information/documentation in support of the above:
- Centrelink Customer Reference No. (CRN)
- FHA Approval Letter
- Scan/screenshot of your most recent FHA payment obtained from your My Gov account
How to access Drought Care
At the time of lodging a new claim with either your Insurance House Account Manager or a member of our claims team you will be asked if you are eligible to receive the Drought Care excess relief payment and if you can supply evidence of your FHA benefit.
Upon insurer acceptance of your claim and receipt of your supporting FHA documentation (FHA Customer Reference No. and a copy of your most recent FHA payment) by our office, Insurance House will either:
- arrange payment of your excess (up to the maximum benefit of $5,000) direct to the insurer/building contractor or repairer on your behalf.
- arrange excess to be reimbursed to you (up to the maximum benefit of $5,000) in the event that the excess is deducted from your claim settlement
More about the Farm Household Allowance
If you are unsure if you are eligible for the FHA or would like to learn more please visit www.agriculture.gov.au/fha or call the Farmer Assistance Hotline on 132 316. To apply for the Farm Household Allowance please visit https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/farm-household-allowance.
For more information about Insurance House Drought Care excess relief program contact 1300 305 834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Understanding the Farm Household Allowance
- Am I eligible for Drought Care?
- How do I apply for Drought Care?