Most business owners know how important it is to have a steady flow of leads coming into their business. Lead generation can be a daunting task for many especially for small business owners. Here are some must know ideas that have been proven to be effective.
- Video. Most people are visual and time poor so the best way to reach many is producing a video that encourages people to take action. Keep it short and to the point. There are tools online that can help you make a product video with ease. Wistia’s Turnstile is a place you can start, it offers a little more than just making a video. You are able to add email opt–in forms as a way to collect details.
- Limit Choices. Limiting the number of choices on a signup page is very effective in generating leads. Most people get tired or feel confused when they see a lot of things to fill up on a form. People are busy and are usually in a hurry, limiting the choices attracts them to go ahead and signup.
- Optimize Your Website. Potential clients usually only read your “about” or “team” pages. This is where you need to have your ‘call to action’. In the headline offer readers a solid value proposition. Then explain it below and then lead the readers to a specific page that offers all the details
- Consistent Content. It’s easy to become frustrated when you don't get the results you expect. It is important not to give up as many do after a month or two of blogging. Create consistent content and with time this will increase traffic. Keep your content fresh and if possible have something new and relevant at least four times a week. Email subscribers when ever you add a new post.
- Use Twitter. Twitter leads are like a fruit; there are some you can utilise immediately while others are not ripe yet. You need to sort the leads to find those people who are ready. Followerwonk is a tool that can help sort out leads and give you a list of those you can contact immediately.
- Email Signature. Most people send dozens of emails every day. Your footer or signature is a marketing tool. Create links back to your website or blog. It’s a simple way to build your list.