Employment Practices Insurance
Full protection on the job
As the labour force decreases in size and becomes more highly educated and acutely aware of its rights, it is likely to be far more litigious. Employees are more comfortable with taking legal action to protect their job and career security, resulting in a steady increase in employer-related claims.
Employment practices insurance can help recruitment and employment firms reduce the business stress and cost exposure associated with such claims. The growing number of employee claims against employment firms, their directors and officers includes:
- Wrongful termination, dismissal or discharge of employment
- Breach of employment contract
- Discrimination & workplace harassment
- Sexual harassment
- Employment-related defamation.
An employment practices insurance program indemnifies corporations, business proprietors, trustees or partnerships for losses associated with specified employment-related claims. ‘Loss’ can be defined to:
- Include claims costs including damages, judgements, settlements, interests, costs, defence costs and any back-pay where reinstatement is ordered by a court
- Exclude payments you are required to pay pursuant to an obligation, whether under contract of employment, statute, award or otherwise.
Your employment risk experts
Insurance House works with some of Australia’s largest recruitment firms, boutique employment providers and individual human resource consultants. We don’t source from different insurers like other providers – we make sure all your insurances are with the one underwriter so there are no ‘cracks in the covers’.
This is a huge advantage and it makes our product the best available in Australia. What’s more, our sister company and underwriter, ProRisk, is widely recognised as having the best, broadest and most economically priced premiums anywhere in Australia.
You're covered with Insurance House Assist
We appreciate and reward the loyalty of our clients. In recognition we have created our exclusive Insurance House Assist program. Simply put, no other insurance broker in Australia offers such a rewarding loyalty program for its clients.
The benefits of Insurance House Assist:
- Save money by not taking out multiple assist programs
- Substantially discounted Roadside Assist - lower rates than competitors with better benefits
- Discounted Home Assist - lower rates than our competitors
- Free Audit of Life Insurance
- Discounted Travel Insurance
- Free Property Sum Insured Services
- Discount Security Services
- Your own dedicated personal Account Manager
- Backed by the worldwide resources of one of the world’s largest insurance companies, Allianz.
Wish to speak to someone?
Just Call 1300 305 834