Marine Transit Insurance
Securing your shipments
Marine transit insurance is essential for protection of your valuable import or export cargo whilst in transit. With Insurance House and our team of marine transit experts, you can access policies that give you the tightest shipping and transport protection for the best value.
Our brokers offer marine cargo insurance products based on the Institute of London Underwriters’ wordings for road, rail, air and sea travel. These can be issued on an ‘all risks’ or restricted cover basis. Choose from the following two kinds of marine cover:
Marine Cargo Insurance
- Goods in Transit “floor to floor” cover for single transits
- Home contents in transit cover
- Covers loss or damage to goods in transit in Australia or imports/exports to and from Australia
Marine Carriers insurance
- Transits of cargo whether by road, rail, air or sea.
- Can cover stock, equipment, livestock, refrigerated produce, liquids etc
- Covers truck owner-operator and small fleet clients against loss or damage to goods in transit in Australia.
Can you carry the risk?
For many transport operators it is tempting to let insurance go, particularly if your loads are not valuable enough to insure. But often it can be difficult to quantify the true value of your load and the number of exposures you face.
Insurance House’s marine policies can cover everything from:
- Shipment items such as stock, equipment, livestock, refrigerated produce and liquids, to
- Additional expenses such as failure of refrigerated machinery, shedding of load, loading and unloading, various livestock risks, clean-up costs, packaging, and resecuring.
Your marine transit risk partners
Insurance House places a significant volume of marine cargo insurance premium into the Australian insurance market. Our clients include leisure and commercial boat operators, transport and logistic’s firms to individual one off shipments.
The London market remains an important and stable source of marine insurance coverages – which is why our Lloyd’s connection through ProRisk, our fully owned professional underwriting subsidiary, is so valuable. We combine that with our brokers’ extensive networks throughout the local Australian insurer marketplace to offer the greatest degree of choice and flexibility to our clients.
The distinct advantage of choosing Insurance House is that:
- We act as your business risk partners, delivering enhanced coverage for a wide range of risks specific to your situation
- You are supported by a personal Account Manager who takes care of all your insurance needs
- We conduct a comprehensive risk analysis report and review tour personalised coverage plan
- Our in-house claims service operates on your behalf, offering fast results and individual attention.
You're covered with Insurance House Assist
We appreciate and reward the loyalty of our clients. In recognition we have created our exclusive Insurance House Assist program. Simply put, no other insurance broker in Australia offers such a rewarding loyalty program for its clients.
The benefits of Insurance House Assist:
- Save money by not taking out multiple assist programs
- Substantially discounted Roadside Assist - lower rates than competitors with better benefits
- Discounted Home Assist - lower rates than our competitors
- Free Audit of Life Insurance
- Discounted Travel Insurance
- Free Property Sum Insured Services
- Discount Security Services
- Your own dedicated personal Account Manager
- Backed by the worldwide resources of one of the world’s largest insurance companies, Allianz.
Wish to speak to someone?
Just Call 1300 305 834