Public & Product Liability Insurance
Freedom to sell, supply & deliver goods
The freedom to sell, supply and deliver goods means liberty to engage in fruitful enterprise – but unfortunately that freedom can be curtailed by risks beyond your control. This most fundamental of business activities can expose you to serious claims for damage or injury. There are two components to the risks you face:
In short, public and products liability insurance covers legal and compensation expenses if you or your employees cause injury, death or property damage arising out of your business' operations, activities or products. It even includes Product Recall Insurance to cover costs associated with recalling stock in the event of a product fault.
- Products liability: damage or injury caused to another business or person by the failure of the product you manufacturing, supply or sell. This can include design, manufacturing or instructional defects.
- Public liability: legal and medical costs that arise from an incident on your property or while working on another's property, regardless of whether you are at fault.
Can you carry the risk?
It's tempting to think your risk management is so effective that you can assume all public and product liability risks. But how well have you quantified those risks? Understanding potential for personal injury or property damage across your operations is difficult from the inside.
A full evaluation by an external risk expert can reveal serious exposures you were never aware of. Increased litigation activity from claimants and solicitors means that:
- The exposures you face are increasingly translating into real-life cases, costing companies like yours large sums of money.
- It is more common for businesses and clients to demand proof of public liability and product insurance before entering into contracts.
Simplify your risk management approach
Insurance House is one of only a few Australian insurance providers who fully understand the complexities of public liability and product insurance. We simplify your risk management efforts so you can focus on what you do best - running your business.
Without an external commercial risk expert, it's hard to differentiate between policies that address public liability. Australia insurers and products abound but few can detect the subtle differences in exposures from one business or industry to another. The level of cover you need depends largely on your business activities, turnover and employee numbers.
Our public and product liability specialists deal with an enormous range of products sold in Australia and overseas. More than just a broker, we act as your commercial risk partners and maintain a vigiliant insurance program that addresses specific legal requirements, no matter what business you're in.
You're covered with Insurance House Assist
We appreciate and reward the loyalty of our clients. In recognition we have created our exclusive Insurance House Assist program. Simply put, no other insurance broker in Australia offers such a rewarding loyalty program for its clients.
The benefits of Insurance House Assist:
- Save money by not taking out multiple assist programs
- Substantially discounted Roadside Assist - lower rates than competitors with better benefits
- Discounted Home Assist - lower rates than our competitors
- Free Audit of Life Insurance
- Discounted Travel Insurance
- Free Property Sum Insured Services
- Discount Security Services
- Your own dedicated personal Account Manager
- Backed by the worldwide resources of one of the world’s largest insurance companies, Allianz.
Few Australian insurance providers deliver such comprehensive service to their clients. So start protecting your business's commercial future today with full assurance that you have the best policy in the marketplace for your needs.
Wish to speak to someone?
Just Call 1300 305 834